Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Game Three Press Conference

The third game of the FIDE World Chess Championship Match finished in a draw.
Replay the game with analysis and video commentary
Photo gallery
Q: Can you explain what happened in the game today?
Carlsen: I think I have made a couple of misjudgments in the middle game.
My position was worse. I do not know if I made it even worse. I underestimated his plan with b5 giving up the bishop. I didn’t have an idea what was happening next. Just I am happy to survive.
Anand: Obviously for black what you have are two bishops. If I could get c5 ,b5, c4 going then I thought it could be unpleasant for white. But even though I have the two bishops white actually keeps control of the a-file. And somehow there is enough play for him if I go on pawn hunting expedition. He can generate counter play. Even when the queen was floating around g4 I did not see what he could do. When it was back to h1 I could play b5-c4.
It seems here that white has enough counter play and I felt white was not risking anything. That rules out for me Bd5. I did not see where is the good move. So I decided to go for the for opposite coloured bishops.
IMG_7216 ar
Q: Why you did not take the “b” pawn with the bishop?
Anand: Yes. of course. But somehow with Re1 and Bh3 white has full compensation. But I could have been mistaken, b2 pawn can not be taken simply as white had enough play.
Q: Garry Kasparov was watching the game today. Has it made you to get some moral support.
Anand: I have not seen him yet.
Carlsen: I have nothing to say. He is one of the legends of the game.
Q: Are you intimidated by Kasparov?
Anand: He is here to watch the match (smiles).
IMG_7297 ar
Q: Can you be more active on the twitter?
Anand: I will be more active on chess board.
Q: How has India been for you?
Carlsen: I think it is going well, and I am very grateful for the happenings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment